Feeling sluggish & tired? Crave salty foods? Are you a slow starter in the morning or have difficulty falling asleep at night? These and many other symptoms are a sign the adrenal glands are overworked or just plain stopped working!
The adrenal glands produce certain hormones in response to stress. They are responsible for the ‘fight or flight’ response. Adrenal dysfunction is probably the least recognized contributor to why people feel fatigued. Adrenal exhaustion is a byproduct of modern living (constant stress) and if it goes unnoticed it can contribute to the downward spiral toward metabolic syndrome and a host of other illnesses. (Check your stress inventory)
The term “Adrenal Fatigue” is a term used to describe that the adrenal glands are exhausted or unable to produce adequate rhythmic amounts of the hormone, cortisol. Adrenal Fatigue is not a term recognized as an actual disease by the medical community but it is one that we recognize as a syndrome or pathway to illness. Highly stressed lifestyles can result in chronically elevated levels or constant firing of cortisol which may eventually fatigue the adrenals, desensitized receptors and lead to low daily function.
Cortisol has a profound effect on every organ and system in the body. Both low and high cortisol levels and disrupted rhythm can negatively affect sleep, libido, mood, concentration, blood sugar metabolism, energy and immune function, among other things. The best way to assess adrenal function is a saliva hormone test. It measures the amount of cortisol and other adrenal hormones inside the cell where they are active and gives a whole day’s pattern or rhythm.
There is a tremendous amount we can do to naturally balance the effects of stress on our bodies. During stressful times, we want strong adrenals. You can improve your adrenal function with a program of lifestyle changes including a balanced diet, stress management, breathing techniques, herbal & vitamin adrenal support and regular relaxation.
What can you do?
Consider Supplements to assist:
TIRED and WIRED? Lower cortisol levels …
- Coritsol Stress Reset – Cortisol calming support for stressed-out people. Amino Acids, bioactive compounds, minerals, and magnolia bark all contribute to synergistically to help calm your stress response, protect your body and brain from too much stress.
- Cortisolv – this multi-functional formula has been shown to support healthy cortisol levels, help alleviate occasional fatigue, promote mental clarity and support relaxation & restful sleep.
- RelaxMax – a formula to promote a calm, relaxed physiological and emotional state. Can use throughout the day but great to take at night – just like a nice glass of wine but healthier!
NO ENERGY in the Morning
- Adrenaliv – This formula features a comprehensive blend of nutrients and botanical extracts targeted to supporting the body’s adaptogenic response to promote optimal energy production, stamina, and the management of everyday stressors.
Overall STRESS support
- Super Adrenal Stress Formula – precisely formulated combination of nutrients to help promote normal adrenal hormone production and adrenal function.
- Herbal Adrenal Formula – a special herbal formula to help sustain adrenal function during stress, and to support a healthy output of adrenal hormones, including cortisol ay also assist with hormonal symptoms
- T-150 – Glandular Support – multi-glandular, mineral & herbal formula to support healthy thyroid and adrenal function.
- DHEA – the most common steroid hormone in the body and is mainly produced by the adrenal glands
- Check your symptoms with our Adrenal Fatigue Assessment Questionnaire and talk to your practitioner or make an appointment with a member of our team (772-419-0505).
- Learn to recognize and understand stress and assess your stress level and risk for illness with our Stress Inventory.
- Assess your salivary cortisol levels. You can order a Saliva Hormone Test
- Try our 3 minute relaxation technique. It really does work!
- Improving your healthy starts with a good diet, an active lifestyle and stress management. See our section on Lifestyle Modifications and learn how to make positive changes to prevent aging!
28 Day Detoxification Plan – this is not a bowel cleanse but a “metabolic” cleanse to help your body’s systems re-align and start working the way they were intended. You’ll feel the difference! or… 6-Day Detox Kit