Lost your keys lately? Ever start talking and forget what you were about to say? Do you sometimes wonder “Am I losing it”? According to Dr. David Perlmutter, board-certified neurologist and brain system specialist, “the slowdown in brain function that begins during mid-life – the memory problems, difficulty focusing, brain fog, irritability, and loss of mental agility and physical coordination – is not a ‘normal’ part of aging”. The good news is that brain degeneration is not inevitable. Your brain has amazing powers of regeneration, and you can tap into them by supplying the right raw nutrients.
Dr. Perlmutter’s “Better Brain Program” will give you the tools you need to reinvigorate, protect, and maintain your brain. At Health Renew MD we find that foggy thinking can be caused by hormone imbalance, B-12 deficiency and other nutrient deficiencies. We highly recommend Dr. Perlmutter’s The Better Brain Book to learn more.
Supplements to consider:
- Brain Sustain – Dr. Perlmutter’s formula designed to enhance brain performance and promote brain health.
- Methylcobalamin – B12 Sublingual- sublingual tablets used once a week can raise B-12 levels equally as well as B-12 injections.
- D3 5000 – these liquid drops are a standard among our patients (also available in capsules). Vitamin D deficiency can effect brain health.
- Methyl Protect – a comprehensive formula designed to support optimal methylation and help maintain healthy homocysteine levels.
- Hormone Balancing Program – hormones are needed to transport glucose to the brain hormone imbalance can contribute to ‘foggy thinking’.
28 Day Detoxification Plan – this is not a bowel cleanse but a “metabolic” cleanse to help your body’s systems re-align and start working the way they were intended. You’ll feel the difference!
The Better Brain Book by Dr. Perlmutter (available at Amazon.com)
Loss of memory and acuity is not a natural part of aging-and this book explains why.
Celebrated neurologist David Perlmutter reveals how everyday memory-loss-misplacing car keys, forgetting a name, losing concentration in meetings-are actually a warning sign of a distressed brain. Here he offers a simple plan for repairing those problems, and regaining and maintaining clarity by offering the tools for:
- Building a better brain through nutrition, lifestyle changes, and brain workouts
- Coping with specific brain disorders such as stroke, vascular dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, and Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Understanding risk factors and individually tailoring a diet and supplementary program
Features a “Life Style Audit,” quizzes, brain boosting exercises, and a food and supplement program.