Lost your keys lately? Ever start talking and forget what you were about to say? Do you sometimes wonder “Am I losing it”? According to Dr. David Perlmutter, board-certified neurologist and brain system specialist, “the slowdown in brain function that begins during mid-life – the memory problems, difficulty focusing, brain fog, irritability, and loss of mental agility and physical coordination – is not a ‘normal’ part of aging. The good news is that brain degeneration is not inevitable. Your brain has amazing powers of regeneration, and you can tap into them by supplying the right raw nutrients.
Take our Brain Audit to see if you would benefit from added nutrients.
Click here to see your recommendations
There are many key nutrients and botanicals to support brain health. The human brain is nearly 60 percent fat. and fatty acids are among the most crucial molecules that determine your brain’s integrity and ability to perform. At Health Renew MD we find that foggy thinking can be caused by hormone imbalance, B-12 deficiency and other nutrient deficiencies. Dr. Perlmutter’s “Better Brain Program” will give you the tools you need to reinvigorate, protect, and maintain your brain. We highly recommend Dr. Perlmutter’s The Better Brain Book to learn more.
Supplements to consider:
- Brain Sustain – Dr. Perlmutter’s shake designed to enhance brain performance and promote brain health.
- NeuroActives Brain Sustain – Representing more than 30 years of neuroscience research, this unique encapsulated formula, improves the energy production of brain mitochondria and provides generous antioxidant support to combat the damaging effects of excess free radicals in the brain.
- MemorAll – a unique combination of nutrients and botanicals that supports cognitive function and a healthy memory.
- Omega MonoPure 650 or 1300 – features natural enzymatically enhanced MaxSimil® monoglyceride fish oil that has a three times greater EPA/DHA absorption rate than an equivalent dose of ethyl ester fish oil.
- Cogniquil – promotes concentration, focus, mental clarity and energy.
- Methylcobalamin – B12 Sublingual- sublingual tablets used once a week can raise B-12 levels equally as well as B-12 injections.
- D3 5000 – these liquid drops are a standard among our patients (also available in capsules). Vitamin D deficiency can effect brain health.
- Hormone Balancing Program – hormones are needed to transport glucose to the brain hormone imbalance can contribute to ‘foggy thinking’.
28 Day Detoxification Plan – this is not a bowel cleanse but a “metabolic” cleanse to help your body’s systems re-align and start working the way they were intended. You’ll feel the difference!
The Better Brain Book by Dr. Perlmutter (available at Amazon.com)