Fatigue is a common complaint but one that is often dismissed by the individual or not given enough attention by the medical community. We move at such a fast pace that we expect to feel exhausted. However, constant fatigue can be the sign of an underlying medical condition.
Fatigue is a symptom and therefore can have many causes. There are also many types of fatigue: physical, mental and chronic. Physical fatigue involves muscle weakness and/or aches or a general decrease in physical fitness. Mental fatigue is a general decrease in attention, not necessarily involving sleepiness. Chronic fatigue is a fatigue lasting 6 months and is usually more persistent and debilitating.
Fatigue can be a normal result of working, mental stress, overstimulation and understimulation, jet lag or active recreation. Fatigue due to depression, disease or poor sleep are clinical concerns deserving attention. Fatigue may also have chemical causes, such as environmental exposure to toxins/poisons or mineral/vitamin deficiencies.
Getting to the bottom of your general fatigue should involve a comprehensive physical examination by your healthcare provider. Surprisingly many of you may be found to have low vitamin B12 levels. This is easily corrected! B12 Deficiency is best resolved with intramusclular injection or sublingual supplementation. Your provider might recommend a monthly injection for a short while or good straight to sublingual home dosing. Either way, your level will improve as well as your energy!
- To improve your Vitamin B12 levels take our favorite supplement (just one tablet dissolved under your tongue – this bottle will last a year and you’ll have more energy!: Methylcobalamin – Sublingual B12
Thyroid Support including:
- Iodoral or XymoDine– to help replenish your iodine level
- Medcaps T3 – targeted nutrients and herbs to support a healthy thyroid.
- T-150 – multi-glandular, mineral & herbal formula to support healthy thyroid function.
Adrenal Support including:
- Super Adrenal Stress Formula – precisely formulated combination of nutrients to help promote normal adrenal hormone production and adrenal function.
- Herbal Adrenal Formula – a special herbal formula to help sustain adrenal function during stress, and to support a healthy output of adrenal hormones, including cortisol ay also assist with hormonal symptoms
Sleep Support including melatonin and other supplements for relaxation.
- Check your symptoms with our Adrenal Fatigue Assessment Questionnaire and Low Thyroid Function Assessment talk to your practitioner or make an appointment with a member of our team (772-419-0505).
- Learn to recognize and understand stress and assess your stress level and risk for illness with our Stress Inventory.
- Get your Vitamin B12 blood level tested.
- Improving your health starts with a good diet, an active lifestyle and stress management. See our section on Lifestyle Modifications and learn how to make positive changes to prevent aging!
28 Day Detoxification Plan – this is not a bowel cleanse but a “metabolic” cleanse to help your body’s systems re-align and start working the way they were intended. You’ll feel the difference!