According to the American Menopause Society, “Few scientific studies support the belief that menopause contributes to true clinical depression, severe anxiety, or erratic behavior.” However, some peri-menopausal women report symptoms of tearfulness, mood swings, and “feeling blue” or discouraged.
It is unclear whether these moods symptoms are related to the gradual decline in ovarian hormone levels, but sleep deprivation associated with night sweats often result in fatigue, irritability, and moodiness. During reproductive years, women are accustomed to their own hormonal rhythm, this rhythm then changes during perimenopause and erratic hormonal ups and downs can create a sense of loss of control that can be upsetting. Abrupt hormonal imbalance during perimenopause may have an impact on these symptoms as well.
Magnesium deficiency can cause hyper-irritability to the muscular and nervous systems which can result in emotional irritability and anxiety. Magnesium helps eliminate excess estrogen. A healthcare provider can help determine your hormonal balance, assess options to increase or decrease and prescribe appropriate treatment for healthy levels.
Supplements to Consider:
- MoodFood – contains magnesium, GABA and calcium foliate that helps support a positive mood and calmness.
- PMS Soothe – a comprehensive blend of Native American and Chinese herbs traditionally used to promote balance and support for a healthy menstrual cycle. May be taken from ovulation to menses to help alleviate symptoms.
- MenoFem – a unique formula integrating Native American, Chinese, and Ayurvedic herbs to provide a balanced approach to relieving menopausal symptoms naturally.
- CBD Oil – Cannab-FS 450, Cannab- FS 300, CannabOmega helps with anxiety, sleep and discomfort.
- MagneSul Cream – formula is a transdermal cream containing a special liposome that allows it to easily pass through the skin and release magnesium sulfate gradually into the body.
- Appecurb – contains key amino acids plus vitamins B6 and C that help convert amino acids into brain neurotransmitters involved in appetite control cravings for carbohydrates and alcohol, energy levels, and mood.
28 Day Detoxification Plan – this is not a bowel cleanse but a “metabolic” cleanse to help your body’s systems re-align and start working the way they were intended. You’ll feel the difference!